Maritime Spatial Planning processes in Baltic Sea countries – PhD course (5 ECTS)
The University of Turku and the BONUS BASMATI project will jointly arrange a 5 ECTS PhD level course in Turku, Finland. The course will focus on the evaluation of the ongoing national and international maritime spatial planning initiatives, as well as on the methods and tools related to monitoring and evaluation of maritime spatial plans. Emphasis will be on the similarities and differences among the member states’ approaches in fulfilling the MSP directive’s requirements, and the overall progress within the Baltic Sea region at the moment.
The course will consist of:
- a pre-reading exercise with a written report
- lectures and workshops by MSP experts from several Baltic Sea countries
- practical exercises
- a written final report.
- Professor Henning Sten Hansen, coordinator of BONUS BASMATI project, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Dr. Holger Janssen, Ministry of Energy, Infrastructure and Digitalization, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany
- Dr. Andrea Morf / Dr. Michael Kull, Nordregio, Sweden
- Dr. Riku Varjopuro, SYKE & HELCOM, Finland
- Research Director Toni Ahlqvist, Finland Futures Research Centre (FFRC), University of Turku, Finland
- Monday & Tuesday: University of Turku, Natura building.
- Wednesday: Onboard day cruise Turku-Mariehamn-Turku
- Application deadline: 18.3.2019
- Notification of student selection and assignment of pre-reading task: 20.3.2019
- Pre-reading report deadline: 15.4.2019
- Mandatory participation in Turku: May 6–8 2019, Monday and Tuesday 9:00–17:00, Wednesday 8:00–20:00.
- Final report deadline: 16.6.2019
No course fee. Travel and accommodation at own cost. Lunches free of charge. Wednesday ferry tickets free of charge.
Pass/fail (written course certificate will be provided)
Harri Tolvanen (email@example.com)